Subject: Re: Annotation & asynch collaboration
From: Dan Connolly <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Marc Andreessen)
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 92 21:24:02 CST

>(a link is immediately
>obvious as just that and will cause little confusion [especially if
>clients always prepend a fullname], but if arbitrary text can be added
>to a document, you'll never know what's going on).

I get it... It's just a way of saying "Mr. Fred has something to
say in response to this. Click here to see what."

It doesn't allow Mr. Fred to actually say anything right there.

You're right. Besides: I think we'd need more structure in our
markup to do arbirary annotations. For example, it would be nice
to be able to do:

<longquote FROM="http://somewhere/something">
<h3>blah blah</h3>
<dl>....</dl>
</longquote>

Dan